Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Woes Of Gardening

This is my backyard, today, May 22nd.  I can hardly believe I have snow in my backyard at this late date.  Normally, this would not bother me and I would just dress for the weather and enjoy the scenery.  But, the next two pictures is why I'm upset.  My garden has all been planted, my tomatoes and lots of other plants were grown from seed and nursed along until I could finally get them planted.  I waited until the last frost date and excitedly got them in the ground.
Oh, I hope and pray that all will be okay!  Temperatures are not suppose to get below 37 degrees, tonight.  I hate to think of buying new plants and starting over!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh you poor thing. I will say a prayer for your tiny plants. I hope they all survive.

j said...

So sorry. This weather has been AWFUL!!!!! I hope your plants recover. I am sure they will. You have the green thumb!!! You will bring them back :) Maybe we should all move to Hawaii!!!! This has been a long winter for us.

JEssica

Tiffanee said...

SNOW!! Oh my! I am so sorry but I am sure you will save those dear plants. After all the money and hard work it is put in it breaks my heart. Best wishes and good luck!!

Tiffanee said...

Ok. I had to come back because when I first saw this picture I thought she must be from Idaho!! Then I checked and sure enough. I lived in Pocatello up until 2 years ago. I remember the crazy weather. Snow in June!! Wishing you the best!! Take care my friend!!