Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Kids Say The Funniest Things"


One of the many things that I miss about not having little children around me daily is that they say the funniest things. It seems I laughed daily at something one of mine had said. I would choose ages 3 to 5 for daily laughter. Mine are now at the ages they either laugh with me or at me. But, that can be funny, too, as some of my kids are very witty.

Well, today, I got to enjoy my five year old granddaughter's funny saying. I had taken 14 year old, Alex, across town to a party and Chloe had ridden along. After dropping Alex off I was driving us home, she was in her booster seat in the back and we were talking and then there was a lull in the conversation, after some silence Chloe pipes up and says, "Anya,(her pet name for me) are you awake?" About as funny as the time 4 or 5 year old, Alex, asked me if I had been at the first Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh very good. I get that too. One of my children asked me the other day; "Did they have cars back when I was a little girl?" HAHA

j said...

kathy i made a comment on this the other day and it did not work???? oh well. I told you what gracie said that was funny. I dont know why I have such trouble commenting to you... you may want to check your settings
jessica

Anonymous said...

Mom-
That was funny, but you said Chloe was five, isn't she seven? I like the bear ticker, i thought that was appropriate.

Chad