Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Before and After
On Saturday, we stopped by a thrift store on a hunt for some simple bar stools. We found them, along with this ugly chair. We had been looking for a computer chair for our new desk top computer. It needed to be a short one and comfortable. I spotted this and tried it out, found it to be very comfortable despite it's ugliness. It was a little taller than we wanted, but knew it could be cut down to size. That night, Chuck took it apart, so I could cover the chair pad and back rest with some material I had already purchased on a bargain table for under $5.00. The next day, he cut two inches off the legs, then sanded the wood parts finding it to be a beautiful walnut. He then stained and put a protective coating on the rest of it. After it dried we put it back together and are very pleased with the results. It was a fast, fairly easy project and very rewarding. Also, the first time I'd ever recovered a piece of furniture.