Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recovering Chair Pads

We're still working on the dining room redo, which included going from carpet to hardwood, painting the walls green which were a burgundy color, window coverings, wall decor and now, recovering the old chair pads.  I bought some drapery material for $10.00 on a clearance table and set the old pad on top of the material and just used it as a pattern.  I had a tablecloth in an off white color that I used for the backing and pinned in place all around and stitched by hand.  I then made the ties and covered the buttons with a kit I bought at the fabric store.  The kit made covering buttons easy and I got Julie involved making most of them.  The cost for making my own pads was a little over $4.00 apiece, the most expense was the button kit which was $2.49 for 4 buttons which I had bought on Saturday. The next day  a 40% off coupon was in my Sunday paper. I hate it when that happens!

2 comments:

mommyx12 said...

Kathy you sure have a knack for being creative. This is one area where my brain freezes and I think that's why I find it so impressive to see talents such as this in others. Seriously, you should see my house. Plain as day. It's scary!

Chad and Jessica's Family said...

it looks great. I bet you will be SOOO relieved when it is all done!!!
Jessica