Saturday, March 13, 2010

Recovering Chair Pads

We're still working on the dining room redo, which included going from carpet to hardwood, painting the walls green which were a burgundy color, window coverings, wall decor and now, recovering the old chair pads.  I bought some drapery material for $10.00 on a clearance table and set the old pad on top of the material and just used it as a pattern.  I had a tablecloth in an off white color that I used for the backing and pinned in place all around and stitched by hand.  I then made the ties and covered the buttons with a kit I bought at the fabric store.  The kit made covering buttons easy and I got Julie involved making most of them.  The cost for making my own pads was a little over $4.00 apiece, the most expense was the button kit which was $2.49 for 4 buttons which I had bought on Saturday. The next day  a 40% off coupon was in my Sunday paper. I hate it when that happens!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy you sure have a knack for being creative. This is one area where my brain freezes and I think that's why I find it so impressive to see talents such as this in others. Seriously, you should see my house. Plain as day. It's scary!

j said...

it looks great. I bet you will be SOOO relieved when it is all done!!!
Jessica