Friday, June 12, 2009

Brain Food-Reading!




I love books. My mom gave me my love of reading when I was a little girl. She loved to read, also, and would take me to the bookstore. I also received books in the mail that she had signed me up for.

I have so many books waiting to be read and I have a hard time giving them up. We recently donated a bunch to the public library and it was difficult to pick out which ones as I worry I will regret giving them away.

I meet with a friend for coffee on a weekly basis and we are discussing a book we are reading in between times. It's fun and when you read the same book and then discuss it, you get more out of it as you have another view of it besides your own.

We are reading the "Who Switched Off My Brain?" by Dr. Caroline Leaf. It's about controlling toxic thoughts and emotions. Researchers say that 87% of the illnesses that plague us today are a direct result of our thought life.

It's very interesting and I will be using the information to detox my thought life!!

1 comment:

j said...

Kathy, I commented on this one days ago and it must not have gone through. IT sounds like a good book. Let me know.
Jessica