Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cherries, Cherries, and More Cherries




Well, now that most of the birds have been scared away, I have alot of work to do. Our son, Chad, along with youngest son, Alex, picked cherries for me, today. I had already been dehydrating the pickings that my husband had labored over the day before and without a pitter. I enlisted the help of my daughter, Julie, and we pitted many, many cherries by hand! Found out from my daughter-in-law, Jessica, that there is a nifty tool to help with this task. She was horrified to find out I had been doing it by hand. Chad picked one up for me and I am amazed at the speed I can pit the cherries, now. I have my work cut out for me. I have bowls and bowls waiting for me and trees that are still loaded with one of my favorite fruits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are very blessed Kathy to have these cherries so readily available. And yes, that little gadget is wonderful to have for such a task!! Glad you got your hands on one. I'm about to place an order for cherries, blueberries, and peaches. I too will soon have my hands/kitchen full of fruit. Have fun with those cherries.